Pre-K - Grade 4 Registration for 2018 - 2019
Posted on August 20th, 2018
Elk Island Catholic Schools uses an Online Registration System to collect and process student registrations. If you are looking to register your child for Pre-Kindergarten (Pre-K), Kindergarten (ECS) or for Grades 1 - 4 for the 2018/2019 school year please follow the instructions below.
If you are unsure of which is your designated school (St. John XXIII or Our Lady of the Angels), please click on the link below to see the boundary map:
This Online Registration process allows parents to submit registration packages for children to the school at their convenience, and helps ensure that registration packages contain all the necessary information for processing. Collecting this information online saves time for everyone.
ECS programs are voluntary and designed for children who will be five years of age before January 1, 2019. Pre-K programs are voluntary and designed for children who will be four years of age or three years of age (with PUF funding) before January 1, 2019. When registering, please attach a copy of your child’s birth certificate or other government-issued proof of age. Catholic parents are requested to provide a copy of the child’s Baptismal Certificate. Non-Catholic families are welcome, and will be put on a waiting list pending approval.
Non-Catholic families wanting a faith-based Catholic education for their children are invited to contact Our Lady of the Angels Parish office at 780-998-3288 to acquire information about the Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults (RCIA) and the Rite of Christian Initiation for Children (RCIC) programs.
If you already have a PowerSchool account created (no matter which EICS school or schools your children already attend), you can submit your online registration by following the instructions below:
- Log into PowerSchool (located at this link: eics.ab.ca/public)
- Select “Forms and Fees”
- Select “School Engage Student Forms”
- Click on “Add Student” (person+ icon in the dark gray toolbar on left hand side)
- Enter required information then “Save”
- Move curser to the “Grad Cap icon” in the dark gray toolbar on left hand side and select the correct child
- Select “Elk Island Catholic - Registration Form” from the “Forms” list in the upper right hand side box
- Enter required information and then “Submit”
If you DO NOT currently have a PowerSchool account, you can submit your online registration by following the instructions below:
- Log into School Engage (located at this link: schoolengage.ca)
- Click on “Create new account”
- Enter required information
- Check off “I am Parent/Guardian”
- Click on “Register”
- Log into PowerSchool using the e-mail address and password you just entered to create your account
- Follow steps 2-8 above
More information will be visible at the sites themselves to assist you through the process. Please make sure that you have a scan of your child's Birth Certificate and Baptismal Certificate (if applicable) and any other relevant documentation that would be submitted during the student’s registration (ie. Custody order, Guardianship Order, legal documents, etc.).
If you have any questions, or require further information, please contact our school secretary, May-Lee Buban, at 780-998-3716.