Please register at your school of choice. Currently, EICS is reviewing programming in the Fort Saskatchewan and Sherwood Park areas. Should the decision of the board on March 21 impact the program at your chosen school, EICS will accommodate your child at another school.
NEW for 2018-2019
Our Lady of the Angels Pre-Kindergarten program is a Catholic faith infused, student centered, play based program in a literacy and numeracy rich learning environment. Our Pre-Kindergarten program supports all students to learn and grow by working alongside our experienced and caring staff. Our Pre-Kindergarten program strives to ensure all students enjoy their first school experience and are excited to work and learn with their friends.
Child must be 4 years old by December 31, 2018)
- 4 days/week (Monday/Tuesday/Thursday/Friday)
- AM Class: 8:30 - 11:30 am
- PM Class: 12:30 - 3:30 pm
- Cost: $2,000.00 per year
- First month fee of $200.00 required at registration to hold spot
As part of the well-rounded curriculum, the program includes exploration in the following important areas of early childhood development.
- Sensory Exploration
- Dramatic and Imaginative Play
- Fine and Gross Motor Movement
The program is taught by a knowledgeable and caring certified teacher and is served by a multidisciplinary team of consultants such as Speech Language Pathologists, Occupational Therapists and an Educational Assistant.
As an inclusive School Division we also offer funded programming to children ages 3 or 4 years by December 31, 2018. For information or to inquire about assessments please contact:
- Marg Schimpf
- Early Learning Consultant
- Fax: 780-467-5469
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Vision Statement: We believe that early childhood programming provides a solid foundation for learning and fosters creative, inquisitive, confident learners.
- EICS supports strength-based, faith-based early childhood programming
- EICS provides resources (people, time and funding) to facilitate successful early childhood programming
- EICS has a shared philosophy and unified vision for early childhood programming
- EICS has a cohesive community of early educators who co-create and collaborate with parents, school staff, and children
- EICS early education staff have a united understanding of curriculum expectations and work together towards realistic and achievable outcomes and goals
- EICS supports inclusive planning and practice with developmentally appropriate activities and environments to help build on the strengths of every child.
- EICS supports purposeful play-based early childhood programming and is responsive to the emergent interests of children
- EICS supports childhood programming that is developmentally appropriate, responsive, flexible, safe, fun and engaging.
Early Childhood Links
Programming for Children with Special Education Needs
CMEC Statement on Play Based Learning
The First Six Years