OLA Open House February 25th
Everyone's door will be wide open all day on February 25th - come and see the great things happening here at OLA!
Early Learning Parent Information Evening
Please join us on April 10th from 7:00 - 8:30 pm to learn more about our
Kindergarten and Pre-Kindergarten programming.
We look forward to meeting you!
Test Drive Pre-Kindergarten June 14, 2019
Come join the Our Lady of the Angels Catholic School family, where your child will learn
within a faith-rich environment centered on care, support, and joyful discovery.
Pre-Kindergarten at OLA School offers a rich numeracy, literacy and communication experience for children aged 4 years by December 31, 2018. As an inclusive School Division, we also offer PUF (Program Unit Funding) services for children aged 3 or 4 years by December 31, 2018.
Our Lady of the Angels Pre-Kindergarten program is a Catholic faith infused, student centered, play-based program in a literacy and numeracy rich learning environment. Our Pre-Kindergarten program supports all students to learn and grow by working alongside our experienced and caring staff. Our Pre-Kindergarten program strives to ensure all students enjoy their first school experience and are excited to work and learn with their friends.
Child must be 4 years old by December 31, 2018
- 4 days/week (Monday/Tuesday/Thursday/Friday - occasional Wednesday classes to replace no-school Fridays)
- AM Class: 8:30 - 11:30 am
- Cost: $2,000.00 per year
- First month fee of $200.00 required at registration to hold spot
As part of the well-rounded curriculum, the program includes exploration in the following important areas of early childhood development.
- Sensory Exploration
- Dramatic and Imaginative Play
- Fine and Gross Motor Movement
The program is taught by a knowledgeable and caring certified teacher and is served by a multidisciplinary team of consultants such as Speech Language Pathologists, Occupational Therapists and an Educational Assistant.
As an inclusive School Division we also offer funded programming to children ages 3 or 4 years by December 31, 2018. For information or to inquire about assessments please contact:
- Marg Schimpf
- Early Learning Consultant
- Fax: 780-467-5469
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Vision Statement: We believe that early childhood programming provides a solid foundation for learning and fosters creative, inquisitive, confident learners.
- EICS supports strength-based, faith-based early childhood programming
- EICS provides resources (people, time and funding) to facilitate successful early childhood programming
- EICS has a shared philosophy and unified vision for early childhood programming
- EICS has a cohesive community of early educators who co-create and collaborate with parents, school staff, and children
- EICS early education staff have a united understanding of curriculum expectations and work together towards realistic and achievable outcomes and goals
- EICS supports inclusive planning and practice with developmentally appropriate activities and environments to help build on the strengths of every child.
- EICS supports purposeful play-based early childhood programming and is responsive to the emergent interests of children
- EICS supports childhood programming that is developmentally appropriate, responsive, flexible, safe, fun and engaging.
Early Childhood Links
Programming for Children with Special Education Needs
CMEC Statement on Play Based Learning
The First Six Years